Hospital Malpractice Attorneys Chicago
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Illinois
In times of medical distress, patients enter hospitals for treatment. Doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, and surgeons can all make mistakes that result in serious injuries or even death. The doctors, nurses and medical professionals treating a patient may be negligent at times.
Through a medical malpractice claim or wrongful death lawsuit, you may be eligible for compensation if you or a loved one have been victimized by a hospital mistake. Attorneys at The Law Office of Jeffrey Friedman, P.C. have significant experience representing victims of medical malpractice. Our Illinois hospital malpractice lawyers are ready to listen to your situation and offer you straightforward, honest advice about your legal rights and remedies.
We invite you to schedule a free consultation with a Chicago hospital malpractice lawyer at The Law Office of Jeffrey Friedman, P.C. to learn more about a possible medical malpractice claim.
Hospital Error Causes
Various factors can lead to hospital errors. It is common for doctors and other medical staff to work long hours and under conditions that are not conducive to providing quality care. Sometimes the hospital will not provide its doctors and nurses with the training and education they need to properly treat patients. A medical malpractice lawsuit may hold the hospital, doctor, or nurse responsible for the error, no matter what the reason.
Common Examples of Hospital Malpractice
Some common types of hospital malpractice include:
- Mistakes in diagnosing or interpreting tests or laboratory results
- Anesthesia errors include incorrect dosages, intubation injuries, and allergic reactions
- A failure to diagnose or treat in a timely manner is considered emergency room malpractice
- Errors involving patients’ medications, including incorrect prescriptions and dosages, errors made during medication administration, and failure to monitor patients
- Errors in surgery, including wrong-site surgeries and leaving surgical instruments in patients
- Negligence in obstetrics, including oxygen deprivation and failure to respond to fetal distress
Contact a Chicago Hospital Malpractice Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured by hospital malpractice, contact the Chicago hospital malpractice lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey Friedman, P.C. for a free consultation.
Emergency Room Malpractice
Inadequate Medical Care