Strauss-Kahn Will Plead Not Guilty to Hotel Attack, Lawyer Says
June 6 (Bloomberg) — Former International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn will formally deny charges that he sexually assaulted and tried to rape a Manhattan hotel maid at a hearing today, his lawyer said.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, will enter a plea of not guilty in New York State Supreme Court, attorney Benjamin Brafman said June 3. Strauss-Kahn previously rejected the allegations in his letter of resignation to the IMF last month.
He was arrested May 14 and later indicted on seven counts, including criminal sex act, attempted rape, sexual abuse, unlawful imprisonment and forcible touching. If convicted of the top charges, he faces as long as 25 years in prison.