Wrongful death suit filed against Hartland company
A Texas couple has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a Hartland-based manufacturer of medical wipes. The lawsuit alleges that alcohol wipes made by the company, Triad Group, contained bacteria that, when used to clean the boy’s spinal tap, spread to his brain and caused a fatal case of meningitis.
The boy died in December at the age of two. His medical ordeal began when he fell off the couch at home and bumped his head. A routine CT scan revealed a cyst in his brain. Surgeons removed the cyst; the boy returned home, according to the complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Texas, and recovered quickly.
During a followup visit with a neurosurgeon, the doctor noticed an abnormal amount of “cerebrospinal” fluid inside the boy’s skull. A small spinal catheter was inserted to drain the fluid. Tests for bacteria were negative, the lawsuit says. Doctors ruled out an infection and believed the fluid was caused by an allergic reaction to an internal patch used in the surgery.
via Milwaukee News Buzz – Milwaukee News and Reports, Local, State, Politics, Blogs, Cartoons » Blog Archive Wrongful death suit filed against Hartland company.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.