Average Injury Verdicts in California
Jury Verdict Research found earlier this year that the average money damage award for personal injury trials in California is $1,814,094. The median verdict, perhaps a better statistic, is $114,305. Other interesting facts from the study:
- The median verdict in a wrongful death case is $2,212,936, compared to the national average of $1,450,000
- Approximately 17% of the verdicts in California were back and neck strains. They pull the median and average verdicts down. The median back and neck strain verdict was $10,885
- California plaintiffs in personal injury cases received an award 41% of the time.
- The median California disc injury verdict was $84,550 compared to the national average of $50,000.
- Brain injury verdicts are worth more in California, but not as much as a lot of other types of injuries. The median for California brain injuries is $1,595,000. Nationally, the median verdict is $1,400,000